CLOSET GOALS: HOW TO DESIGN THE PERFECT WARDROBE
A well-designed wardrobe can make a huge difference in your daily routine. It can save you time, reduce stress, and help you look and feel your best. Whether you’re starting from scratch or revamping your current closet, here are some tips on how to design the perfect wardrobe.
ASSES YOUR NEED
Before you start designing your wardrobe, take a step back and assess your needs. Ask yourself some questions, such as:
- How much space do I need?
- What type of clothing do I have?
- What kind of storage do I need (hanging, shelves, drawers, etc.)?
- Do I need a specific area for shoes, accessories, or other items?
- Will I need space for seasonal clothing or special occasion outfits?
Once you have a clear understanding of your needs, you can start designing a closet that meets them.
PLAN YOUR SPACE
Now that you know what you need, it’s time to plan your space. This means measuring the area and creating a layout that maximizes storage and functionality. Consider factors like:
- The size and shape of the closet
- The placement of doors, windows, and other obstacles
- The height of the ceiling
- Any sloped or angled walls
When planning your space, don’t forget to leave room for future growth. You may acquire new clothing, accessories, or shoes, and you want to make sure you have enough space to accommodate them.
choose your storage SOLUTION
Once you have a plan in place, it’s time to choose your storage solutions. There are many different types of storage options available, including: Hanging rods:
- For dresses, blouses, and pants
- Shelves: For folded clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Drawers: For underwear, socks, and jewelry
- Cubbies: For shoes or handbags
- Hooks: For belts, scarves, and ties
Consider how you want to organize your clothing and accessories and choose storage options that work for you. You may want to include a mix of hanging space, shelves, and drawers to accommodate different items.
Lighting is an important aspect of any closet design. A well-lit closet makes it easier to find what you’re looking for and helps you get dressed in the morning. Consider adding lighting options like:
- Overhead lights: To brighten the entire space
- Task lighting: To illuminate specific areas, like shelves or drawers
- Motion-activated lights: To turn on when you enter the closet and turn off when you leave
PERSONALIZE YOUR SPACE
Finally, don’t forget to personalize your space. Your closet should reflect your style and personality. Consider adding touches like:
- Decorative hooks or hangers
- A full-length mirror
- Artwork or photos
- A seating area
Make sure your closet feels like a welcoming and comfortable space that inspires you to get dressed and feel confident.
In Conclusion, designing the perfect wardrobe is all about assessing your needs, planning your space, choosing the right storage solutions, adding lighting, and personalizing your space. With a little bit of planning and attention to detail, you can create a closet that helps you stay organized, save time, and look and feel your best every day.